|Plan (speed per second)||Monthly Rate|
The ‘Digicel Internet 3 Months Free’ Promotion
*Frequently Asked Questions
Q. How does the '3 Months Free' promotion work?
A. Any new customer who signs up for a Digicel Internet plan will receive the first 3 months of service free. The customer must sign up for a 15 month agreement. A termination fee of $250 will apply to any customer terminating the contract prior to its 15 month duration.
‘The Promotion’ commences on Friday, June 14, 2013. Digicel reserves the right to terminate this promotion at any time.
Q. If I am already on the 6 Mb plan, for example, will my monthly bill be automatically reduced to $50?
A. You will not be automatically migrated onto a new plan, as this constitutes a contract change and will need your express permission. Please call 500-5000 or email@example.com if you wish to stay on your current speed and pay the new rate or pay your current rate and receive the new speed.
Q. If I am an existing customer with no contract and I want to upgrade to a new plan, do I need to sign a new contract?
A. You do not need to sign a new agreement to upgrade your plan. If you wish to receive the first month of your service free, however, you will be required to sign a new 15 month agreement.
A. You may sign up for the plan at the regular price without signing a contract, but you will not be eligible for the 3 months free promotion.
Q. If I am already a CableVision customer, is there anything else I will need to do in order to use a 15 Mb or 25 Mb plan?
A. When you upgrade your CableVision service to 15 Mb or 25 Mb, CableVision will need to make a service call to set up your new CISCO DOCSIS 3.0 modem. Please contact CableVision directly at 292-5544. Additionally, you may require an upgraded home router to access higher speeds.
Q. May I purchase a high speed router from Digicel?
A. Digicel does not sell or offer technical support for high speed routers.
Q. How can I switch to Digicel Internet?
A. Switching to Digicel Internet is easy. If you already have a broadband access provider and modem, simply complete the online Digicel Internet form located here. Then, take your completed form to any Digicel retail store to receive your login information, which will allow you to configure your home computer for Digicel Internet use.
Q. How can I switch to Digicel Internet if I do not have a broadband provider?
A. If you do not already have internet service, you’ll need to sign up with a broadband access provider first. Currently, CableVision is the only broadband provider to offer 15 Mb and 25 Mb speeds. You will also need a modem to access the internet. You may purchase an affordable modem from Digicel (for BTC access only). Any customer who signs a 24 month contract will receive a free modem (for BTC access only).
Q. How much will I save with this promotion?
A. 3 months free saves you 20% over the course of your 15 month contract.
Q. What will happen after the free 3 months are over?
A. After 90 days, the free promotional period will end and you will be charged at the regular monthly rate for the duration of your 15 month agreement.
A. A termination fee of $250 will apply to any customer desiring to terminate the agreement prior to completion of its 15 month duration.
Q. Where can I get more information?
A. Your internet use is not limited to business hours. Neither is our customer care. Customers can get more information by sending an email toBDA_Internetsales@digicelgroup.com. If you ever encounter an issue, our friendly and professional customer care agents are ready to help at any hour. Just call 500-5000 for immediate assistance.
Terms and Conditions
In these terms and conditions ‘Promotion’ means a temporary offer devised to promote usage of the home internet service offered by the Company.
The ‘Digicel Internet 3 Months Free' Promotion terms and conditions (“these terms and conditions”) shall govern the relationship between Digicel (Bermuda) Limited (hereinafter referred to as "we", "us" "our" and "the Company") and the user (hereinafter referred to as "you", "your" and "the Customer") of the Company’s ‘Digicel Internet 3 Months Free' Promotion (herein after referred to as ‘The Promotion’).
Having activated a Digicel Internet plan you have agreed to these terms and conditions.
Customers upon signing up for a Digicel Internet plan are subject to the terms and conditions.
‘The Promotion’ commences on Friday, July 14, 2013. Digicel reserves the right to terminate this promotion at any time.
We reserve the right to amend or unilaterally change ‘The Promotion’ and/or these terms and conditions subject to notifying you of such amendments or changes. Such notification may be by way of advertisement in the national media, SMS text messaging and/or our website.
This agreement is governed by the Laws of Bermuda.
3. Promotion Description
Any new customer who signs up for a Digicel Internet plan will receive the first 3 months of service free. The customer must sign up for a 15 month agreement. A termination fee of $250 will apply to any customer terminating the contract prior to its 15 month duration. Customers terminating the contract within 30 days of signing up will have the termination fee waived.
4. Fair Use Policy
‘The Promotion’ is offered for the personal use of individuals and not for commercial use. Any usage by an individual that in our sole discretion is intended for financial gain or profit by you will result in the immediate termination of ‘The Promotion’ offer to you.
1. The company will not be liable for any consequential loss or damage caused directly or indirectly by any defect or otherwise howsoever caused.
2. We have no liability to you (or anyone claiming through you) in contract, tort or otherwise for any loss or damage which is: (a) not our fault; (b) indirect and/or not reasonably foreseeable; (c) purely economic, special, punitive or consequential loss or damage (whether foreseeable or not) or any other form of economic loss, arising from our performance or non-performance of our obligations under this Contract including through negligence or breach of statutory duty to the extent permitted by law.
3. We have no liability to you (or any one claiming through you) if we are unable to carry out our duties or provide Service because of factors beyond our control including, but not limited to, the following:
(a) Acts of God; (b) outbreak of hostilities, civil riots, acts of terrorism; (c) act of any government or authority (including refusal or revocation of any licence or consent); (d) power failures, failure of telecommunications lines, failure or breakdown of plant, machinery or equipment; (e) default or failures of suppliers, subcontractors or other telecommunications operators; (f) theft, malicious damage; (g) industrial action of any kind.
4. We have no liability to you (or anyone claiming through you) if we disconnect the phone or Suspend the Service.
5. If we are found to be liable to you (or anyone claiming through you) we limit our liability under this Contract up to a maximum of the amount charged for the valid entries made.
6. We, our associated or affiliated companies, their respective officers, agents, directors, principals, employees, attorneys, underwriters, successors and assigns will not be liable for or in respect of any effects, claims, actions, proceedings, suits and causes of action (whether at law or in equity and including emotional distress), liens, debts, damages, fatalities, losses or injury (whether property or personal, consequential or otherwise), judgments, liabilities, costs and expenses of every nature kind whatsoever, whether known or unknown, suspected or unsuspected, (altogether, “claims whatsoever”) arising out of or in respect to our equipment and/or any electronic or radio systems in equipment, vehicles or aircraft in your vicinity, or of any emissions or transmissions to, from, by or through our Network and/or equipment. If we offer goods and/or services as agents of any principal providers(s), we will accept neither responsibility nor liability to you for the performance, loss of profit, emotional or mental distress or disappointment, or provision thereof by such providers so long as we have identified the providers to you and identified ourselves as agents.
7. All conditions, warranties, terms and undertakings expressed or implied by statute, common law or otherwise (including but not limited to fitness for a particular purpose) are expressly excluded from this Contract to the extent permitted by law.
8. Each provision of this Clause operates separately. If any part is found by a Court to be unenforceable or inapplicable (in whole or in part) the other parts will continue to apply.